Here are FIVE THINGS you need to know about the 7th Annual Salem Arts Festival, which will light up downtown Salem with creativity next weekend (June 5-7, 2015):
1. It's free and it's family friendly.
2. There will be art-making, artisan vendors, and public art installations.
3. New this year! There will be a Juried Art Show in Old Town Hall.
4. The schedule is online at SalemArtsFestival.com.
5. There will be Front Yard Street Art. We aren't sure what this is, either, but we know that creative people have been collaborating and creating for months, and that Front Street is going to be transformed into a funky, creative, green space center of the festival. And we know, like the hula hoops in 2014, we can't wait to see the Front Yard Street Art of 2015!
There's lots more to know, like schedule of performers and places to park and how to volunteer (if you're so inclined), and you will find it all at SalemArtsFestival.com.
The Salem Arts Festival is a project of Salem Main Streets, an organization we are happy to have in Salem.