The Mourning Tea: Remembering the Dead
October 28 @ 11:00 am$75
Join Salem Witches Leanne Marrama and Sandra Mariah Wright for a 3-course High Tea in grand Victorian tradition. Don your finest mourning attire and celebrate the lives of your dearly departed as you share stories of your loved ones who have passed, add photos and mementos to our Salem Witches’ Book of the Dead, enjoy live music and poetry, and receive messages in the tea leaves!
- Enjoy a grand Victorian High tea complete with courses of traditional tea sandwiches and desserts.
- Share stories, photos, and of the beloved souls who have touched your life and have helped make you who you are today in a communal Eulogy where the dead and the living meet again at a crossroads of love.
- Place a photo, letter, or another memento of your loved one into our Salem Witches’ Book of the Dead, a growing, annual compendium of memories for which there are now multiple volumes filled with photographs, newspaper clippings, hair, and even suicide notes. It is a tome of love in honor of all who have passed through our lives.
- Enjoy the gentle strings of a harpist, who will help to remind us of the simpler moments of yesteryear and shift your consciousness into a place of magic.
- Divine messages from the other side within the patterns of the tea leaves that decorate our cups with Leanne and Sandra on hand to help you to interpret that which you discover.
For tickets ($75) and event details visit FestivaloftheDead.com.