Recently voted by North Shore Magazine readers as the “Best of the North Shore” winner for Best Confectionery, fans of Harbor Sweets will have even more to cheer about as the chocolatier debuts a new
bright 660 sq. ft. contemporary gift shop at its Salem factory. The newly renovated shop at 85 Leavitt Street is now the premier destination for Harbor Sweets, stocked with its delicious handcrafted artisanal chocolates such as its famous Sweet Sloops and new best-seller Salt & Ayre, a collection of salted chocolates and distinctive truffles, plus artistdesigned limited editions, books and glassware. The shop boasts a new enhanced welcome area with bead board paneling, crisp product photography, new displays and a stunning antique seven ft. cabinet with 260 drawers from the Eaton Apothecary warehouse that was formerly located at the site.
Grand Opening Planned!
Harbor Sweets will host a wonderful array of grand reopening celebration events with refreshments on October 3 starting at 10:00 a.m. Events include:
- 10:30 a.m. ribbon cutting with City of Salem Mayor Kim Driscoll and the Chamber of Commerce,
- Refreshments from 10:00 a.m. to Noon,
- Opportunity to win a gift of chocolate for four months including February’s Valentine’s Day,
- Friday and Saturday “On-The- Platform” tours with staff available at key manufacturing stations providing information on the chocolate making process,
- 10-percent off on all purchases over $20 on Friday and Saturday, and
- Additional surprises and delights inside the 260 drawer antique apothecary cabinet.
“We are thrilled to introduce our new shop. Harbor Sweets has had a growing need to accommodate the influx of tours and customers seeking an indulgent delight, a perfect birthday present, housewarming gift or reminder of a visit to Salem or Boston,” said Harbor Sweets’ CEO & Owner Phyllis LeBlanc. “With more space and a fresh and contemporary new look, our doors are wide open to shoppers as the most delicious of New England destinations.”
New Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.