Explore Salem this fall and make your own magic with attractions, special events, and more. Some business hours may change for the fall and winter months. Review the list below to see which attractions change their hours for the season and contact individual businesses for the most current hours.
Salem Regional Visitor Center
2 New Liberty Street | 978-740-1650
Open Wednesday-Sunday, 10:00 am-4:00 pm. Site information and Junior Ranger packets are also available online. Visitor information is also available at Waite & Peirce National Park Service Information Center & Park Store at 193 Derby Street.
Waite & Peirce National Park Service Information Center & Park Store
193 Derby Street | 978-744-4319
Open daily, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. Visitor information is available at Waite and Peirce at the Salem Maritime National Historic Site.
Most accommodations in Salem are open during the winter months, with exceptions listed below.
The following accommodations are closed for the season:
- Coach House Inn | Opens Spring 2019
- Stepping Stone Inn | Closed until March 1, 2019 except for special events and groups. Groups of up to 8 guests may contact the inn directly at 978-741-8900
Museums & Attractions
The following attractions have changes in their hours during November & December:
Charter Street Cemetery
In advance of planned restoration work in the historic Charter Street Cemetery in Salem, archaeologists will begin archaeological field work on the site where proposed restoration of existing pathways, installation of lighting, and new plantings will occur. This archaeological field work is expected to last until Friday, November 16, 2018, weather permitting. During this time, the Cemetery will be closed to the public. Fieldwork is weather dependent and may extend longer than the anticipated closure period. Public access to the cemetery will be restricted during this phase of the project.
The House of the Seven Gables
115 Derby Street | 978-744-0991
Open daily 10:00 am-5:00 pm. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas, closing at 2:00 pm on November 30 (Christmas in Salem) and on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
Salem Witch Museum
19 1/2 Washington Sq. North | 978-744-1692
Open daily except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. Presentations are every half-hour from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm. Plan to allow at least one hour for your visit.
Many walking tours run year-round and others run by appointment or with groups only during the winter months. View a complete list of walking tours in Salem and a monthly schedule here.
The following attractions are currently closed for the season:
- Bewitched After Dark Walking Tours | Opens Spring 2019
- Black Cat Tours | Opens Spring 2019
- Boat Tours to Bakers Island Lighthouse | Opens June 2019
- Candlelit Ghostly Walking Tours | Opens July 2019
- Cry Innocent | Opens June 2019
- Frankenstein's Castle | Opens July 2019
- Gallows Hill Museum/Theatre | Opens October 2019
- Historic New England's Phillips House | Opens June 2019
- Mahi Harbor Cruises & Private Events | Opens May 2019
- New England Pirate Museum | Opens April 2019
- Pioneer Village | Opens June 2019
- Salem Witch Walk | Opens April 2019
- Schooner Fame of Salem | Opens June 2019
- Sea Shuttle | Opens June 2019
- Spellbound Tours | Opens April 1, 2019
- Sunset Sail Salem | Opens May 2019
Long Wharf in Boston/10 Blaney Street in Salem | 877-SEE-WHALE
Currently closed for the season and scheduled to reopen May 2019. Salem is accessible via public transportation from Boston year-round with the MBTA Commuter Rail.