- This event has passed.
The Salem Garden Club is hosting a self-guided stroll through the private gardens in the Common neighborhoods. Featured are more than 10 traditional, quaint, and eclectic gardens. Complimentary refreshments of lemonade and cookies will be served to strollers along the route. These private gardens are not handicapped accessible. Pets and carriages are not permitted.
Tickets: Pre-purchase tickets on the garden club website SalemGardenClub.com or on the day of the tour at the Washington Square, North entrance to the Common. Rain or Shine.
This fundraiser benefits many Salem civic projects which include:
● The plantings and maintenance of the Washington Street traffic island
● The plantings of the City Hall window boxes
● The plantings at the Blue Star Veterans Memorial on Hawthorne Boulevard
● Educational programs open to the public
● An annual college scholarship