The City of Salem presents the 2020 edition of the Summer Drive-In series produced by Creative Collective. We are excited to be welcoming The Cabot and Root to this event for amazing concession options! Come in early and grab a drink, some food, and enjoy the pre-show!
The Cabot and Root will have cold beverages, popcorn, candy, and more. Please consider supporting them!
You will be entering at the far end of Forest Ave at the second entrance to the lot, please enter via Canal Street. We will be arranging cars by size! If you have a large truck you will be asked to park in a row further from the screen regardless of when you arrive.
The audio will ONLY be available via FM transmitter. Keep your car owner’s manual handy. If using the radio to listen to the movie, you’ll need to know how to keep it on while keeping headlights and other accessories in your vehicle off – you may need your car manual for that. Additionally, every car has its quarks with headlights, alarm systems, automatic doors, interior lights, etc. It’s best to have the most accurate info handy to solve issues fast.
PLEASE make sure and remove all trash and personal belongings at the end of the movie, there will be trash and recycling receptacles available.
The actual start time of the movie is dependent on sunset and weather. We try to start the film no later than 8:30 PM. We will start car load-in at 7:30 PM. Full details with instructions will be sent out to buyers the day before the event. Make sure to use an email address you frequently check. We will be relaying the information about the radio station that will be used upon arrival!
TICKETS ARE PER CAR, NOT PER PERSON! This event is RAIN OR SHINE and tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE!
We have committed to take the Safe Salem Pledge as well and ask you to take a moment and take the Pledge yourself!
Salem Together Pledge
The leadership, businesses, and residents of Salem are committed to the health and safety of all and we need visitors to share our commitment to safety by following the recommended guidelines while shopping, dining, and exploring Salem. We have a shared goal of health and happiness in Salem, and we know this goal can be achieved if we all work together.
Below are the Rules and Regulations as per the state of Massachusetts. Anyone not following these rules will be asked to leave without refund.
- Customers must remain in their vehicles at all times, except when purchasing concessions or using the restroom facilities
- Customers must follow social distancing guidelines – 6 feet
- You must view the movie from within your vehicle (Massachusetts Requirement, no outside Chairs at this time, except in the bed of pickup trucks)
- Customers must wear a face-covering outside of their vehicle
- Customers must avoid contact with staff and other patrons
- Cashless payments should be used whenever possible
Please note the following actions are PROHIBITED:
- Being on the roof of any vehicle is prohibited. This is both for safety and ensures you do not block the view of other customers behind you.
- Running your vehicle is prohibited. Vehicle emissions are poisonous to those around you.
- Cooking, Grills, and Fires of any kind are prohibited, as per the town fire marshal.
- The use of car horns is prohibited, as is setting off car alarms. Please be aware of how to disarm your car in order to keep noise to a minimum.
- Obscene language or profanity directed at any staff member or patron will not be tolerated and will result in immediate ejection.
- Keep your foot off the brake, the lights bother other patrons.
- Please keep the sound to a reasonable volume, our neighbors need tranquility.