Loading Events

← Back to Events

Gedney House

Salem shipwright Eleazer Gedney built the earliest portion of the Gedney House in 1665. The house is significant not only for its framing, but also for its evidence of early decorative finishes in the hall chamber and parlor. Three successive color schemes, the earliest of which is believed to date to the house’s construction, were discovered in the hall chamber. This evidence was preserved by the addition of plaster ceilings, beam casings, and paneled walls by the mid-eighteenth century.

Upcoming Events