Community partners offering events and promotions throughout the month
Salem, Massachusetts is a great place to celebrate Pride Month with several special events and offerings from the community. The month of celebrations kick-off in Salem with the Pride Flag raising on Thursday, June 1 at noon at Riley Plaza and continues throughout June with the Pride Parade and Festival during the weekend of June 23 as the centerpiece of the city’s festivities. Additional events from the community including the Peabody Essex Museum and Pickering Wharf round out the full slate of revelry.
“There are so many fun ways to support the LGBTQIA community this June in Salem,” said Kate Fox, Executive Director of Destination Salem. “Salem is known for its fantastic events and we can’t wait to celebrate Pride with all of our residents and visitors.”
Below are ways to participate in Pride Month celebrations in Salem MA:
- Pride Flag raising on Thursday, June 1 at noon at Riley Plaza
- On Saturday, June 3, the first annual Rainbow Regatta takes place with several commercial vessels – including Schooner FAME, Mahi Cruises’ HANNAH GLOVER and FINBACK, and the Essex Heritage NAUMKEAG – parading from Pickering Wharf to Blaney Street. Spectators can watch the boat parade from Pickering Wharf, Central Wharf, Derby Wharf, or Blaney Street. Mahi Cruises will provide live music on the top deck, fresh grilled eats, fun boat drinks, and local craft brews. The Rainbow Regatta is presented by Pickering Wharf. The regatta begins at 11 a.m. and ends at 1 p.m. Tickets for the Mahi Cruise are available at mahicruises.com.
- The Good Witch of Salem will host a Rainbow Kitty Tea Party on Sunday, June 11.
- The Peabody Essex Museum will celebrate Pride on Friday, June 23 with an event featuring a talk with fashion designer Hogan McLaughlin, artist Bill Crisafi, and other special guests, a Pride Fashion Presentation, and after-hours party.https://www.pem.org/events/midsummer-artists-talk-pride-fashion-presentation-and-after-hours-party
- The North Shore Pride Festival also kicks off on Friday, June 23. The parade takes place on Saturday, June 24 at noon starting at Shetland Park at 10:30 a.m., and ending at the Salem Common at 1 p.m. There will be a pre-Pride dance party on Friday, June 23, and a Koto dance party after the parade on Saturday from 3- p.m. https://northshorepride.org/
- Local drag queens will host the North Shore Pride Drag Brunch on Sunday, June 25 at the Derby Restaurant in Salem.
- Mention Pride during the month of June at Pentagram Salem and save $5 off your reading.
- During the month of June, Witch Pix celebrates Pride by brightening up its Olde Salem Village theatrical set with pops of color. This dimensional set features an 8-foot tree, cast iron cauldron, and the 1,400 square-foot cottage. This premium package for 1-5 witches includes an ALL-PIX digital gallery plus an Amish-made black distressed frame with an 8×10 portrait, SAVE $50 Package for two $233. (Typically, $283!) After selecting appointment time, click on ‘Yaas Witch: A Celebration of Pride’ to book this premium experience.
- The colorful Pride Popcorn will return for the month of June at Popped! Gourmet Popcorn.
- Pride month is the birthday month for Die With Your Boots On (they’re turning 5!), so they are combining pride and birthday events as one big celebration all month. There will be a free drag show on the DWYBO stage on June 2nd hosted by Miz Diamond Wigfall, and they will offer a different sales promotion every weekend in June: 5 weekends = 5 sales for their 5th birthday.
- Ginger Cajun Seafood in Salem has a Pride Night every second and fourth Wednesdays of the month from 7 to 10 p.m. It’s a safe place for LGBT+ people and allies to come, hang out and have fun. They also have a special Pride drink list. For additional recommendations on dining in Salem, please visit: https://www.salem.org/food-and-drink/all/
- Sonesta Select Boston Danvers welcomes LGBTQ guests year-round and offers a special 20% discount off best available rates, for anyone attending North Shore pride events. Please call 978-777-8630 and ask for the PRIDE event discount or rate code “Pride”. In addition to receiving great rate savings, guests will receive complimentary continental breakfast for 2, and a special welcome gift at check in. For additional recommendations on lodging options, please visit: https://www.salem.org/places-to-stay/