Outdoor Dining in Salem, Massachusetts
We’re open for business! Restaurants are now permitted to open for indoor and outdoor dining, and several of Salem’s restaurants are expanding their outdoor seating capacity so they can accommodate guests while following new guidelines for social distancing.
Find a list of restaurants currently offering outdoor dining below, see which restaurants are open for takeout and delivery here, and contact individual businesses to confirm hours or make reservations. Please note, many restaurant policies have changed due to the new public health guidance. Please check restaurant websites and social media to familiarize yourself with new expectations for guests (for example, face coverings are required except when you are sitting at your table). We encourage you to follow the rules, be patient, and be kind to your servers. It’s so exciting for the restaurants to be open, but everyone is adjusting to a new way to serve food while keeping employees and guests safe. Bon apetit!
- Bit Bar, 50 St. Peter Street
- Brodie’s Seaport, 215 Derby Street, (weather permitting).
- Fountain Place, 232 Essex Street
- Gulu-Gulu Cafe, 247 Essex Street, (outdoor patio with heaters)
- Ledger, 125 Washington Street
- Longboards Restaurant & Bar, Pickering Wharf, 72 Wharf Street, (expanded heated patio through December).
- Opus, 87 Washington Street
- Red’s, 15 Central Street
- Regatta Pub at the Salem Waterfront Hotel, 225 Derby Street
- Rockafellas, 231 Essex Street
- The Roof, 209 Essex Street, (last day of the season is November 8).
- Village Tavern, 168 Essex Street
- Adriatic Restaurant & Bar, 155 Washington Street
- Bambolina, 288 Derby Street
- Bella Verona, 107 Essex Street
- Kokeshi, 41 Lafayette Street
- Koto Asian Grill, 90 Washington Street
- Thai Cuisine & Seafood, Church Street at Witch City Mall
- Casa Tequila, 300 Derby Street
- Brodie’s Seaport, 215 Derby Street
- Finz Seafood & Grill, Pickering Wharf, 86 Wharf Street
- Lobster Shanty, 25 Front Street, (covered deck with electric heaters open through November, see Facebook page for updates).
- Sea Level Oyster Bar, Pickering Wharf, 94 Wharf Street
- Turner’s Seafood, 43 Church Street, (patio is open and will include a tent and heaters as the weather gets colder).
Salem’s restaurants are committed to the health and safety of residents, workers, and customers and we need customers to share our commitment to safety by following the recommended guidelines while dining. We have a shared goal of health and happiness in Salem, and we know this goal can be achieved if we all work together.
Customers are expected to:
- Wear a face covering except when seated at your table
- Allow physical distancing with staff and other guests
- Avoid physical contact with staff and guests not in your party
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before entering the restaurant
- Use a credit or debit card wherever possible
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have a fever over 100 degrees
- Enjoy your meal!
Restaurants employees will:
- Remove high-touch items like condiments (but you can ask for them)
- Use disposable or digital menus
- Wear a mask or face covering when interacting with customers
- Wash their hands regularly
- Train employees on COVID-19 safety
- Follow CDC guidelines for sanitizing and safety
- Follow physical distancing and capacity requirements
- Make your meal as enjoyable as possible, because we’re all excited you are dining out!